Reading and Rambling

Thursday, February 24, 2011

latest reading ...

Well, I finished Wonders of a Godless World (some time ago) and was pleased that I did ... although it was very different to what I normally read, I think that I did enjoy it - ultimately!

I am now reading Kate Morton's latest, The Distant Hours, which is much more 'my thing'.  I fell in love with her first two novels and was so keen to read this one.  I absolutely adore it - the gothic Milderhurst Castle, the fusion of past and present, slowly unravelling to reveal the essential idea.  Although I was intially a bit perturbed by the style of the narrator's character, I have come to like her dearly, and am so thoroughly enjoying this tale :) I am sure that this is going to be one of those books that I am sad when I finish, but I still have plenty of pages to go before that sense of loss occurs.  I will elaborate ...

No comments:

Post a Comment