Reading and Rambling

Monday, January 1, 2018

What's Your Dream for 2018?


 
My sister shared a pic yesterday as a New Year inspiration – 365 new days, 365 new chances – which really sang to my soul.  So, if we really do have a new chance, a new opportunity of choice for every one of the 365 days that will be our own story of 2018, what do we dream they might be? 

I am going to set myself the goal of finding the one new chance in every day of this year.  Today, it began with some quiet reflection (with the inspiring backdrop of Tasmania’s stunning East Coast – my soul’s haven) on what I might do differently this year.  What can I look for, be open to, try in each new day that dawns?

I think what I might do is create a dream jar, and each time I think of something I would like to do, learn, read, write, whatever, I will write it down and put it in the jar.  Then, on those days where I might need to remind myself of the chances that exist in each new day, I can dip in to the magic jar and remind myself of something that I have noted as a special opportunity to live more fully. 

My first goal is to use my diary to keep a personal record of each new day’s moment of potential.  So, day one, January 1, 2018 is this:  365 days, 365 chances.  The full moon of possibility.  Tonight’s glorious moon, shining on the dark waters of the ocean below, is a visual manifestation of the new year’s pure white promise.  Yes, that moon shape is a littly blurry and there are clouds on the horizon, but these are not grey but rather silver and shining with their magical potential.  They are the imprecise lines and shades that are the nuances of the life we live.  The as yet unrevealed details.  Embrace them, make them.  Dream them and live them.

Hello, 2018, let’s see what sparkles we can see, what magic we can make x


No comments:

Post a Comment